Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's the final countdown

It turns out that I have a few vacation days that I have to take before April 30th, so I'm taking them next week. And that means I only have seven more working days until we finish. WHOOOP.

That's seven more working days between now and Novemeber 1st. SO EXCITING!

I am so done with working. I am trying hard not to be one of those annoying people who leaves tasks half done before they leave a job, but needless to say I am failing pretty miserably.

In other news, I fractured my toe. Which is proving both highly inconvenient (no heels, no gym) and pretty painful (who knew your fourth toe was so essential to walking?) It is kind of black and swollen.

And in other other news three of my friends in Delhi are pregnant. Which is obviously super-exciting but leaves me as the only babyless member of the gang. It's funny - here I am the last one to get married, start a family etc - I feel like we're the furthest behind in life, if you like. But back in the UK I am the only one of my friends who is engaged... the rest aren't even contemplating it. Same with buying a house - we will buy when we get back to London, when most of my friends are still in shared rented places.

T's friends are a bit older and more settled (he's 5 years older than me). They all seem to be having babies too. T is definitely getting broody, but I'm not so sure yet. A few more years of the life we're leading, thank you, and some quality married time for just us. Then maybe we could start trying.

1 comment:

the un-bride said...

Ugh -- I did that to my 3rd toe a while back. Ouch. Hurry up & heal, so you can buy more fab shoes.