Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back home

I've been off in Los Angeles for work the last couple of weeks (and then lying about complaining about jetlag since then). LA was fab - beautiful weather, lovely food and wine, great to catch up with old friends and make new ones.

I did very little weddingness (didn't even go and try on funky birdcage veils), mainly as during the time I had off I was totally distracted by the Sales. Now I know things are bad in the West, but O MY GOD THEY'RE GIVING THINGS AWAY. Jimmy Choos for $80? Yes please. Manolos for $90? O go on then. Yikes my suitcase was full coming back.

I also trotted off up to Beverly Hills to the Christian Louboutin boutique. Yummmmm. And I accidently bought pretty much the only thing in America that wasn't one sale. But they're beautiful.

(I'm not really obsessed with shoes - I just get a bit excited in a country with all these shops they don't have here, with all the sizes (big ones!) I can't buy in India.)

So now I'm back to it, back to work, and the next few weeks are looking pretty tough. This morning we got the internet fixed at home, so this afternoon has been designated Wedding Planning Time. T can hardly hide his excitement.

2 comments:

Krista said...

That sounds like a fun trip!

Marie said...

I am so jealous of your shoe buying, photos please!